2.17.2010

Carol is turning 50


While planning for my mom's 50th birthday I was thinking about something special I could do for her... she works so hard and is so selfless I thought that I should have all of her guests help contribute towards a nice gift. She called the other day with a plan of her own, and asked me what I thought about instead of people bringing her gifts, if they would use that money and make a contribution towards Ciyanjano, a conference center in Zambia that our missionary friend Steve Allen supports and is trying to develop. I just smiled, shook my head and thought... of course you would... I wanted to send her on a cruise :)

To all of our friends and family, stop by mom's house on March 7th from 2:00-5:00 PM for an "Open House." Come for five minutes or the whole thing, we would love to see you. And if you would like to know how you can make a donation for Ciyanjano as a gift for my mom then keep reading.

Steve is a missionary with Action Zambia, and all donations are tax deductible. There are three ways you can donate:

1. Mail a check to Action International designating it for "Carol For Ciyanjano - # 71140 (Zambia)"

PO Box 398
Mountlake Terrace, WA
98043-0398

2. Donate online by clicking here and select Zambia Ciyanjano Centre (71140) as the designation and under additional information put "Carol For Ciyanjano"

3. Just come to the open house and we can make it happen :)

Go to Steve's blog, Alive in Africa for a post and short video about Ciyanjano. Megan and I were in Zambia last summer with the Allen's and visited Ciyanjano, it is a great place and has tons of potential for the community there. Scroll down for a post of our time there...

No comments: